Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Running in the Rain

I've often pictured myself running in the rain, but thought it would be a warm Spring rain. The weather has been all over the place, mostly cold, snowy, yukky. Not good for keeping to my running schedule. I knew that going into the winter though so haven't been down about it. Just don't want to stop.

So before I went to bed last night I pledged on one of my forums that I would get out and run this AM regardless of the weather. I rolled out of bed to the pitter patter of rain, peeked out the window to make sure it wasn't sleet (that's where I draw the line!) - pulled my rain geer from the closet and hit the road (warmed up inside - did some of the butt kicks and knee lifts recommended in that Masters video). Yes, it sure was raining. Pretty hard, actually. But I'd promised myself I could do a short workout so did my loop of hills, 2x around. Wow, pitch black, rain pouring down the shoulder of the road, storm gutters roaring. Pretty neat! So chalk that one up. Next time I run in the rain, though, it'd better be 60 degrees and daffodils peeping through. Time for coffee.

No comments: